Monday, March 28, 2011

I Appreciate Their Secret Interest

Some of my former co-workers are following my blog, but are not letting me know what they think about it.  So, they are either really enjoying the essays or they are secretly trying to find out something, something they can use against me. 

It is ironic and funny in a way.  What they think of my ramblings no longer matters.  There was a time when I fretted over every word I uttered in the presence of the mighty ones.  No more.  What they think of me is of no consequence.  Their feelings are of no concern to me.  How they view me is actually comical now.

It was not always so.  Picking on everything I did without telling me what I did wrong nor how to fix it, had me tied up in knots and one incompetent fool's comment, "Why don't you just quit?!" had me to the brink of suicide even after I told them what he was doing to me. 

He even told me that he could not stand the sight of me and he found it actually painful to look at me.  For now he does not have to look at my horrid visage.  He only has to look at himself in the mirror each morning.  I think I would rather look at me.  My conscience is clear. 

There is nothing more intimidating than to have someone in authority say that he cannot stand the sight of you.  After 16 plus years working at the same company with little or no problems to have someone who does have a bad attitude tell me that, it was mind-blowing.

I have absolutely no idea what is wrong with the young man, except that he has a bad mental problem.  There is nothing more frustrating than to have someone with a lesser mental capacity and no idea how to communicate within a corporate structure to tell you they cannot stand the sight of you and that is it.

Maybe it had something to do with that email I received from one of the officers of the company, the one that I ignored and pretended that I did not get.  I just could not believe that he could have been so insensitive and suggestive. 

There were many things that they did that I tried desperately to ignore.  I am not bitter any more ... maybe just a little.  I used to think of ways to cause them grief, but have since decided that they will do themselves in all by their lonesome.  Nothing like a little greed and pride to do a grand job on the old ego.  THE LORD said that vengeance is HIS so I think I will just leave it with HIM.  HE will do a far better job than me anyway.

So, to paraphrase an old saying, "Don't let them wear you down!"  Trust in GOD to deliver you from fools. 

Shalom.  Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem.

No comments:

Post a Comment