Monday, May 28, 2012

We have a gift for you!

What's with this?

"We have a gift for you!  30% off a year's membership!"

Okay, maybe I'm old school, but I thought a gift was something you didn't have to do anything for!  If I have to buy something to get it, then it's not a gift.  If they really wanted me to have a "gift" they could have just sent me a dollar in the mail.

The funny part about it is that this particular "gift" was for the purchase of some "good-for-you brain games" that are designed to enhance your cognitive powers.  I am going to assume that I am not in need of brain games since I figured this out.

There is only one truly FREE gift and that is the gift that GOD offers each and everyone of us.  It is the gift of Salvation.  Only one drop of blood from the Messiah would have been enough to cleanse us of our sins, but HE didn't stop with one drop, HE gave it all.  My Savior gave HIS all for a stiff-necked, perverse people who did not even want HIM.  I was one of those.

I was one of those until I saw it!  I saw my sins nailed to HIS cross and I finally accepted what HE had done for me.  HE rescued me from the pit of Hell and HE clothed me in HIS Righteousness!

HIS Grace is within me now and I grow closer to HIM every day!

All I can say is, "THANK YOU, LORD!!  THANK YOU for dying for me!"

Shalom!  Pray for the PEACE of Jerusalem!

No comments:

Post a Comment