Sunday, November 14, 2010

Why Women Do Not Need to Teach a Man

We have a long hair chihuahua named Raymond.  He should not weigh more than 9 pounds. About 18 months ago, Raymond started having difficulty breathing.  It started during the night and gradually it became constant.  He had trouble getting up and down steps.  He got to the point where he was having problems even walking,

I suspected what the problem was with the little dog. The dog was suffering from hip dysplasia and he was fat.  So, in all my wisdom, I told my husband what the dog's problem was.  He did think that Raymond weighed a little too much but he did not believe that I knew what I was talking about.  I have learned that pressing the issue is worthless.  All we end up doing when I chose that route is bickering.

I waited and sure enough, my husband got concerned about Raymond's health and took him to a new male veterinarian.  After charging a total of more than a week's pay, the veterinarian told my husband and I that Raymond was 50% heavier than he should be.  He had hip dysplasia which was being aggravated by the excess weight.  He weighed 14 pounds and should have weighed no more than 9 pounds.  The veterinarian prescribed a strict diet with NO treats and pain medication for a short time for the hip pain.

The dog now weighs 9 pounds.  He runs and plays like he did before the weight.  The only thing that I could not do is prescribe the correct dog food.  It took 3 months to get that weight down.


Then there is the garden.  I do natural organic style of gardening while my husband gets out the tractor, the tiller and any other machinery plus the 13-13-13 fertilizer.  I build up the soil with stuff like humus, sawdust and compost.  My garden has always been small and quite productive.  His is productive but takes a lot of effort.

One day a man stopped by and told my husband about organic gardening and he has been using more organic methods ever since.

There are many other examples but I really think these 2 are sufficient to make the point.  I have heard my husband talk to other men and say how intelligent I am so, why does he not follow my advice?

I think it is this way.  Ever since Eve gave Adam the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, men have been inclined to turn a deaf ear to what a woman says.  As women, there is nothing that we can do about it except have patience, keep our advice to ourselves (unless they ask for it) and pray for those men in our lives.

Ladies, it goes against everything that woman's liberation has told us and everything that worldly society says about a woman's place as well as defying all advertising, but we need to let men be men and encourage them, not nag them.  Men need to be the head of the house because that is their place in life.  Many men have abdicated that position because women are so Hell bent upon being the head of everything.  They just don't want to wage that battle.

I know how difficult it is to stand by and watch while my husband leads because until this marriage I was in charge and emasculated each ex.  I do know what to do wrong.  God showed me the right way to go and this marriage has lasted almost 20 years.  That is how to succeed.  Let God show the proper way to go.  Let Him lead so you both can follow a proper leader.  It is not the easiest way but it is the right way.  And God will give you the strength to remain silent when necessary.

8 comments:

  1. Pamela-

    Both funny, interesting, and true. Tell your husband that I said that he has a very intelligent wive; and that he should listen to you more often.

    It has taken me a long time to come to the conclusion that, because my wife is extremely discerning very intelligent, and very determined, that I should listen & take her advice more. She is very quick to understand the details of a matter and I've been saved from a lot of trouble by listening to her advice. Don't get me wrong;this has been usually after a loooong and protracted discussion about a matter.

    My wife is as cool as a cucumber (She has Never shouted at me or the kids when upset)but (being Jamaican) she is very driven and very determined.

    If we have a difference; (I have to say to myself) how important is this matter? really. If the matter is extremely important then I must be prepared for a loooooong discussion.(with all the have you thought about this or that thing) (And as it is with women)she does not forget. It could be weeks or months later; and sure enough when the situation arises, she can pick up where we left it.

    Your comment about Adam and Eve......very interesting....something to think about.

    Yes, and we need the patience, and encouragement of our wives....we really do. :)

    Great Post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that the relationship between men and women was changed drastically due to the fall. There was only one restriction that YHWH The Father had given to his children. That was to not eat of the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. Satan picked the moment when I believe that Eve was staring at the tree and wondering (no Biblical evidence, just my opinion) what the fruit tasted like. Adam was there with her as is evidenced by Eve not having to hunt him down to give him the fruit. Adam could have told her to not do that, but there is no evidence that he even tried. He let her, Adam allowed her by default, to take the lead without any discussion.

    Adam could have refused the fruit but chose not to. Adam chose to follow her lead. I believe that is a problem with many couples. The man follows his wife's lead with absolutely no discussion, not even a grunt.

    Because for the past 50 years in the United States men have been so emasculated, women must step back on their own and encourage men to take charge. It is not an easy thing for a woman to do in today's society. But I believe that they should do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I forgot one other thing; the organic gardening is really cool! We are vegan so that appeals to us. Any plans to post some pictures of you alls garden? :)

    Yuri

    Now I'm off to read your comment above.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree; and to be honest, I think that it is needed and Scriptural; but very unpopular in today's western world.

    Two things; nuclear physics, and the appearance of; what seems to some, a missile launch off CA last week.

    Your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I personally think that Eve was alone. The Scriptures teach that a three fold cord is not easily broken. If Adam was there and YHWH (God) being there (in Spirit) than Satan would not have been successful.

    And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken. (Eccl.4:12)

    Are you and/or your husband on facebook?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a valid point about the 3-fold cord. Adam may have walked up after the seduction by the Serpent. But he doesn't appear to have been too far away.

    Organic gardening is super. I have a tomato plant still in bloom that the Lord provided for me. I am hoping that the tomatoes will ripen before it gets too cold here. I have kept them covered during some of our cold snaps. My husband is gradually becoming accustomed to organic gardening as well.

    I may do a post on science in general.

    I am on facebook. My husband is also, but he is not active at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok--Can I send a friend request?
    I like nuclear physics. Between family, my business, blogging, there's not much time left other things. If you posted on this from time to time (if you care) I'll be here to read (If YHWH desires).

    Looking forward to the science post.

    Glad you hear that your husband is getting use to it. It is the best! We had a few gardens over the years of renting at different places.

    When you said in your post entitled 'Friendship is An Odd Thing'....maybe I'll post about it there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will accept a friend request on FB.

    The friendship post is a rendering of what I recently experienced after many years on the job. My hope is that it will help others.

    ReplyDelete