Thursday, December 16, 2010

Faith

As you may well expect of me, I disagree that simply because someone other than the JW's use "a god" to describe The Messiah that it becomes correct.  I find it offensive to refer to HIM as "a god" (lower case g as well).  Others may not find it so.  Because of what has been revealed in Scripture to me, it matters not if all the world refers to HIM as "a god".  I will continue to refer to The Messiah as The GOD, Incarnate. I take it by faith not be the simple written words of supposed learned men in their years of study through their commentaries.

I also do not care much for commentaries either as they can sully the Word of God with their inane droning about the opinion they have regarding the Word of God and what they think it means.

The JW's pick where to put the articles (a, an, etc) within their translations as the original Hebrew did not have articles.

Language is translated not only by each individual word but by the intent of the writer as well.  It is within that area that errors are most generally made.  Who can discover the "intent" of a writer who has been gone for thousands of years?  The only intent that I am concerned with is that of God the Father.  I really do not care what might have been going on in the minds of the writers of Scripture 2 or 3,000 years ago.  Man's mind change with the wind.  The Will of God remains steadfast and what was correct in the Garden of Eden is still correct today.

I am rather single minded in my approach to the Bible as the inerrant Word of God.  God said it and I believe it.  The ramblings of men or women have no effect upon me.  If they did, I would no longer know what to believe.

2 comments:

  1. I think that the men who wrote the Bible, did so under Divine inspiration as the Word itself says "All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.(2Tim.3:16-17) Through the sanctifying power of the Ruach Ha Kodesh the mind is enlightened in regards to spiritual things.

    Our high calling in YHWH takes in the great opportunity of receiving the "mind of Christ" (Phil.2:5) When we pray in faith, believing in Yahshua, and requesting the mind of Messiah; we will receive it according to the promise...ask and ye shall receive, seek and ye shall find, knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

    Shalom In Messiah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings -

    I weigh in with 1 John 5:9:
    If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.

    Yes, Pamela, I too believe that the Bible is the inerrant word of God as many other true worshippers of GOD do.

    Thank you for this potent message.

    ReplyDelete