Friday, November 11, 2016

President Elect Donald J. Trump

If it were not so sad, it would be funny. It looks as though President Elect Donald J. Trump is already being blamed for the total destruction of the planet, all the future woes that have yet to be manifested, as well as all the negative actions that every citizen in the United States may ever commit. It is the President Obama curse in reverse.

While I did not agree with pretty much anything that came out the current administration of the last eight years, I did not burn down my neighborhood, kill police, show disrespect for the flag, or stage a sit-in anywhere disrupting businesses. I waited, spoke my mind and on, Tuesday, November 8, 2016, I voted.

I voted for Donald J. Trump because I do not believe that government sanctioned murder of babies in the womb should be a viable alternative to birth control, much less the sale of murdered baby body parts on the open market and that includes stem cells. While I doubt “Roe v Wade” will be reversed in the next 8 years, I would hope for a ban on abortions passed 19 weeks.

I voted for Donald J. Trump because I believe he will be a strong leader; he can be a catalyst to bring the country together; be a driving force in bringing jobs back to the United States of America; make a dent in the national debt by making the USA more friendly to job creation and by making it easier for childcare to be obtained within the workplace; and I believe he will increase our national security.

There have always been those on both sides that want to dissolve the Electoral College when their candidate loses. Popular votes are nice but it is naive to think that mob rule is a viable alternative. We are not a true Democracy. We are a Democratic Republic.

When Barack Obama became President, I was disappointed. While Romney was not my first choice I grit my teeth, held my nose and voted for him. There were other Republican candidates I would have preferred and I would have gladly voted for Herman Caine or Alan Keyes, My first choice for 2016 was Dr. Ben Carson, but I supported Donald Trump after he won the RNC nomination.

We have forgotten one thing in this election cycle – “Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law by a jury of our peers.” It never was and never should be “Innocent until proven guilty in the court of public opinion.” While former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's crimes were broadcast for all the world to see, there is still that thing that we need to cling to – “Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law by a jury of our peers.” No one person, no matter how powerful they are should be above the law, but they are also entitled to “Due Process” in a court of law. And, no, I am not giving her a pass. I am just saying that she is entitled to her day in an actual court.


Now it is time to stop the madness, if at all possible, pick our collective selves up by our bootstraps and try to work together. We can do it, as a country. Yes, the man, Donald Trump, said stupid, unkind and hurtful things. Haven't you? He is making the effort to become more Presidential. One thing I do hope he stops is his tweeting. Can we just try to work together until June 1, 2017? He will be President, not King. There will be only so much he can do.   

No comments:

Post a Comment