Sunday, February 27, 2011

I Have 7,000 Just Like You!

Just when I think I am the only one left who really knows what THE LORD wants and is following HIM, I am reminded of Elijah when he cried out to THE LORD, "and I, only I am left."  Elijah said that not once but twice.  I imagine his cries to THE LORD are not the same as my whimpering, whiny voice THE LORD hears so frequently.

HIS answer to Elijah was simple.  Do this, this and this and, by the way, "Yet, I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees of which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him."

As much as I think I am alone, I am reminded that there are many out there who, quite frankly, have done a far better job of adhering to THE WORD OF THE LORD.  It is never my place to say who has done worse, nor is it my place to say who has done better, but in my heart, I seem to make those distinctions. 

As much as THE LORD has done for me and I fall so short in the daily little things that would mean so much to HIM.  Allowing those trashy words to fall so easily from my lips when praise for HIM would serve better; allowing my eyes to view things that I should never see; allowing my ears to listen to foul jokes or language befitting a barroom brawl; and lastly allowing my heart to dwell upon the garbage that I have allowed to invade my senses.

How often we, Christians join in the discussions of what happened on reality shows that are far from real, or daydream about what might be happening next in some drug crazed activity of an actor or when some lost soul actress might be going to jail.  In times past we would have been gathering for prayer instead of gossip or idle chit-chat.  How far we have come and how close to the world we have gotten. 

The Old Testament children of Israel have nothing on us when it comes to murmuring about what we have not got or the melding of our beliefs with those of the heathens.  We take on the holidays and observances like they belong to GOD when, in fact, they are the property of Satan himself.  We allow our children to attend church half-dressed, showing all that is legal and we wonder why their attention is drawn to things of the flesh instead of the things of THE LORD.

We practice insanity daily.  We do the same things day after day and expect different results.  The time draws close when the decisions we have made will be for all eternity.  We do not know when that day may come.  We see the signs all around us, but all it takes is the stopping of the breath that keeps us living.  HE gave us that life, HE takes that life away.  Then comes eternity.  Where will you be?

Where will you spend eternity?  Do you know THE MESSIAH??  Do you have a relationship with THE GOD of Heaven, The Creator? 

Do not follow the examples of man.  Find the One, True Example to follow.  Follow Jeshuah.  HE will lead you properly.  Read the BIBLE.  Follow the ONE TRUE GOD. 

REPENT! AND BE SAVED!

Shalom.  Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem!

No comments:

Post a Comment