Popular Posts

Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Rest of the Story - Momma Said There'd Be Days Like This

Just when I think it is me THE LORD is protecting I find out, as Paul Harvey used to put it, the rest of the story.

The amazing part of the whole thing is that we were in no danger.  The young man, on the other hand was in danger.  When the Sheriff's Deputy left, he took the young man with him to the office.

When we called 911 and the operator said that they were looking for him, we assumed the worst because she did not say otherwise.  They were, indeed, looking for him.  His mother was worried about him because he had wandered away from home in his car and had not taken his medication.  His fuzzy mental state was not because he was taking drugs but because he had failed to take the medication that kept him clear minded.  That is why the car was parked haphazardly on the highway.  That is why he was walking on our property and really could not clearly tell anyone who he was or where he was going.

It is easy to assume the worst.  It is much more difficult to rely upon THE LORD and let HIM tell me whether or not someone needs help.  It takes faith to rely upon THE LORD and sometimes I lack that bit of faith, that mustard seed bit of faith.  A mustard seed is about the size of a period or the dot on an "i" and that is all the faith it would take, and most times that is more than I have.

Lord, help my unbelief.  I often wonder why HE bothers with me.  But I know HE loves me because that is Who HE is.  HE does not love me because of who I am.  I thank GOD for that.  I thank HIM for watching over me, my husband and that young man, that very tall young man who was almost in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Shalom.  Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem.

No comments:

Post a Comment