Popular Posts

Friday, October 2, 2015

Why Should I Mind?

"If this goes public, things could get rough for you."

His soft-spoken words were accepted as fact long before I handed him the damning sheet of paper.  I mean, really, what could they do to me?  This was small town USA.  These were reasonable people.  What would they do to me that they had not already done?

What exactly could they do to me?
Shun me?  They weren't that friendly to me before.  Not too sure I would notice a difference.
Get me fired from my job?  Not working, so that was out.
Ruin my reputation?  I would have to have been socially active and accepted at some level of society for that to matter.
Make my life miserable?  First I would have to care about their opinion of me.
Quit doing business with me?  They would have to have done business with me in order to stop.
Egg my house?  It needs a good cleaning anyway.  Also, we have insurance.
Tear up my car?  See "Egg my home?"

Actually, there didn't appear to be a down side to doing the right thing.

Exactly!  Why should I mind?

I'm on the internet.  I'm on Facebook.  Is there anything truly private anyway?

Shalom!  Pray for the PEACE of Jerusalem!

No comments:

Post a Comment