Wednesday, November 3, 2010

And God said, "Let there be light..." vs billions and billions of years...

Creation and evolution are both unprovable and must be taken on faith.  The scientific basis to take something as fact is to be able to recreate it in the laboratory.  Neither of these can be proven in a laboratory of any sort.

I have been told that belief in a young earth is silly and goes against all known human scientific facts.  Well, that is all well and good, but there are scientists that can give proof that the earth is young and when I say young I mean less than 10,000 years.

'Scientists say' to me amounts to 'I say'.  Many scientists that believe in evolution simply do not want creation to be correct.  If creation is correct, there is a GOD and there are absolutes.  If creation is not correct, then we came from slime and return to slime and nothing we do in between amounts to anything and anything goes.

Someone said that God created man and man returned the favor and created gods.  That is not exactly what they said but it suits my view.  I believe that there is a Devil and there is a Hell.  And, I do not believe that I have lived through Hell on earth.  While I have been through a great many nasty things, there is nothing on this earth that can convince me that Hell is here on this earth, this particular plane of existence. 

Perhaps I have a special, rosy view of things but then I have not been to war; I have not been tortured; I have not experienced starvation, nor pestilence; and there are many other things that I have not experienced and I am eternally grateful that I have not had to go through those things.

It always amazes me when people (men and women) fall in love and are terribly hurt.  Or their loved one dies.  Or a child dies.  It seems as though that the God they only halfheartedly acknowledged in the best of times suddenly is responsible for taking someone away from them.  They complain that God did not answer their prayers and so-and-so died anyway.  One thing I can say for sure is that we are all appointed a time to die and barring divine intervention in the form of the rapture, we will die. I am not aware of any religion that says we live forever.  Even the ones that believe in reincarnation and karma and pantheism still believe this body dies.

Let us say that for the sake of argument that a person has a nominal knowledge of God.  They never read the Bible any Bible, in spite of saying they believe in Him, and going to church is a chore to make that special someone happy.  Their halfhearted attempts at worship are met with frustration because they don't really believe in all that stuff anyway. 

Their special someone gets terminally ill.  They "pray" to the God that they really never wanted to know to ask Him, oftentimes demanding, that He give them what they want.  Why should He answer their prayer?  It is just a question.  It is not an accusation.  But, why should He answer their prayer?

Their special someone dies.  Now they are mad at someone they do not believe in and refuse to even try to understand.  I know the different stages of grief and I know that everyone handles grief in different ways.  I guess they just have to have someone to blame and it is easy to blame someone they don't want to believe in anyway.

Heaven is a closed neighborhood and you have to belong before you are admitted.  To be reborn and covered by the Blood of Jesus Christ from His finished work on the Cross is the only ticket into Heaven.  Now, I have a second question.  If people do not believe in HIM why would they want to go to Heaven?  Why would they want to spend eternity with Someone they don't know and don't want to know?

Could it be that they know in their heart that they are wrong, but they just don't want to accept the truth?  If that is so, then why spend time belittling people for something they believe in.  Parents teach their kids to believe a fat man in a red suit comes down the chimney with a bag of toys.  No one seems to be concerned about that idiocy but let someone say publicly that they believe in Jesus Christ as Savior and some people start imploding.  Go figure.

While people can believe in billions of years while statistical mathematicians will tell you that the odds of all this happening by chance no matter how much time you give it is impossible.  The tree huggers get all warped out of shape regarding the extinction of species and global warming but do they really want dinosaurs back?  We already have plenty around as it is.  Just look at your friendly neighborhood 14 foot alligator.

What really is wrong with extinction anyway?  I definitely would like to see rapists, murderers and child molesters become extinct.  Politicians are the next thing I will add to the list.

Something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment