Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Observations on a Wednesday

I voted yesterday.  My husband and I went to the polls together.  Exercising your Constitutional rights should be mandatory, but because this is a more or less free country, we have the right to throw away our rights.

I talked to a friend I had not seen in a couple of years.  In the course of the conversation, the question, "How are you doing?" was asked by both of us.

My answer could have been, "I'm unemployed because all of their companies are in dire financial straits."  Or, I could have said nothing.  I said neither.

We took the dogs to the vet this morning.  If you want a maintenance free dog, get a mutt.  Little dogs, especially pedigree small dogs are high maintenance and are badly inbred.  Allergies, hip dysplasia, allergies, obesity, allergies and other things plaque our two little chihuahuas.  Did I mention allergies?

They are cute little dogs and they are a lot of company for my husband and me.  Especially if you like taking them out at 2:00 am. 

We have a pit-bull.  Sassy is a real sweetie.  It is her picture I use on my Facebook profile.  We have two other mutts that simply "showed up" a couple of years apart.  They look like they were from the same parents.  When the first one, Smokey showed up, it was nice to have another larger dog for Sassy to play with.  When Daffy showed up, I wanted to put up a wanted poster and spay/neuter the dog parents as well as the dogs that keep popping out these fuzzy little puppies that get to be 50 to 70 pounds of pure dog. 

All my animals get spayed or neutered.  Except for the two little ones, all the dogs stay outside.  

There was a female Great Dane that showed up one day.  I quickly found a place for her about 150 miles away.  The internet is a great place for finding all sorts of things.  I checked on her once and was told that she was getting spayed, had put on some weight and they had named her "Pammie" of all things.

Tiny is our elderly cat.  She was born in 1992.  I brought her indoors during the cold winter (you remember when it snowed in south Mississippi) because she looked so close to death.  She did not die.  She got fat and contrary.  There is a chill in the air and she wants in again this year.  And yes, she will come in at least at night.  I won't throw the old girl out in the cold.  I know how it feels to be thrown away because you are not young and have some flaws. 

I still miss that stupid job.  I am still getting help for my depression and anxiety.  I still get upset when I think about what happened this past spring.  I have finished mourning the loss of dubious friends who only used me to vent their own problems, and whose offer of lunch was an empty offer.  I am sorry that they are sick and suffering.  I offered to help, but when there is absolutely no response, I know they, too, have dumped me without having the class to say so.  I am still me.

No comments:

Post a Comment