Saturday, November 13, 2010

Ever Say You Will and Wish You Hadn't?

Of course.  We all do.  And it is not just the, "Sure, I'll take the carpool tomorrow." 

Mine now is more like, "click yes to receive..."  I clicked on the life thing and put in my mother's name.  Why?  I do not know.  My mother died in 2001.  I guess I was just curious to see how many more women had her name.  Now, I am getting all these idiotic emails saying they have located her.  She does not even have a suitable grave.  My step-father had her cremated (which I was not in agreement with but it was his wife) and he compounded my irritation by waiting almost 3 years to scatter her ashes in the Arizona desert.  While he was waiting for this momentous event he was living with some woman and carrying my mothers ashes in a box in the trunk of his car.  So, I really do regret doing that if only because it brings up the fact that she was so unceremoniously disposed of by that Cretan.

Work was one of those places that I was just learning how to say, "No, I really am swamped and won't be able to do that project." before they unceremoniously disposed of me.  I was working 65 +/- hours per week when I started saying that.  It was really difficult for me to understand why these men who had the same access to files that I did and left after 40 or 50 hours did not have time to do their own research.  Go figure.

Then there is Church where you feel guilty if you do not dive in over your head and help everyone that asks.  You can get just as burned out doing that as anything else.  If you are dead tired and irritable, you are no earthly good for heavenly things.

It took awhile for me to realize that the Devil wanted me worn to a frazzle and just as irritable as a rattle snake with 25 children under 3 years old.  It truly is difficult to think upon the things of The Lord when you are in that state of mind.

Learning to say no can be a liberating experience (in more ways than one) as well as a frightening one.  There will be those souls that become highly irritated when you do say, "No."

1 comment:

  1. I think that Satan constantly looks for ways to wear us down; even in doing "church things". Yahshua says that His yoke is easy and His burden is light.

    That's the only yoke we should wear. I think we should say no when it is not Yahweh's will. Many times man and institutions try and enslave us when, we've already been set free by Yahshua.

    ReplyDelete