Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Lesson in Humility

There is much to be learned by visiting another person's blog.  While on their blog, you can witness what is truly important to them.

You can see if they continually write about oneself and one's experiences or do they write about someone else?  Do they continually speak of their Saviour?  There is nothing, absolutely nothing, more wonderful than to see someone who is continually singing the praises of his Lord.  To discuss the Scriptures with such heartfelt emotion was refreshing. 

I remember those days.  Those days, those years when HE was the most important Person in my life.  So, what happened?

I forgot my first Love.  I gave myself over to a job.  I lost myself in trying to impress people who did not care one whit about me.  I have said it before and will say it again.

DO NOT FORGET YOUR LORD AND SAVIOUR!  HE will never forget you if you are HIS.  HE will never be far from you.  I forgot.  Not completely, but I turned away.

I did not go back to drinking and smoking and such as that.  What I did was far worse.  I ignored HIM.  I turned from HIM and devoted time to something much, MUCH less important.

Do NOT forget that which is important in your life.

1 comment:

  1. A good post and the best advice that one can give.

    Shalom in Messiah,

    Have a good afternoon.

    ReplyDelete